Does anyone else's hubby tinker and always have to be messing on something?

I am finding myself being a B**ch lately and I know it is because I stay home with my 4 yr. old while hubby works and when he gets home he always has something to tinker on. He got off at lunch today and went to work on his boat (adding something to improve his wakeboard skills). While I am taking my DD to get ice cream & to the library. He can't never leave well enough alone and I am starting o get irritated. I want him to spend time with us! But if I say anything, he will say I am just b****ing! Tell me my hubby isn't the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is the same way. It is so annoying. He is always messing in his shed, or his trailer or his atv. I am like get these kids. I stay home with 3 kids all day.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Mine can be like that at times...he hangs out in the garage..doing what, I don't know,lol. He'll do a bunch of yardwork sometimes and I feel like I still don't get a break even when he comes home because I still have to be stuck in the house with the kids. Its not all the time, but we have our moments. When it gets to the point where I am feeling overwhelmed, I tell him. ANd because I usually wait so long to say something..it tends to come out a bit harsh,lol. Most of the time, he will just stop what hes doing and spend some time with us, so he makes up for it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My friend's husband is like this. #1 - he doesn't want to spend time with little kids and their kids are little. And #2 - ADHD. He can't stop. Has to always be messing with something.
    It drives her nutz! Because she has 3 small ones and he is no where to help. And when he is in the house he hides in the basement.
    jax3

Answer by jax3 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husband is the same way. I'm fine with it. When the kids were younger they would tinker with him. They all learned to check the fluids on cars and how to change a tire, plus he teaches them a lot about how things work like antique tube radios etc. I'm busy in the kitchen so I don't mind he has his own domain to tinker in. I also like that he's not in bars all the time like some husbands are. Now that would be something to bitch about!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Nope not here! My BIL is like that - he works 9 hours a day, and then comes home and goes straigh outside to play with whatever new toy he has. Makes her so angry, she's a SAHM to a 2y/o and a 8 mo old... and then when he gets home she would like to do something alone (like pee, or shower, or cook dinner) but can't because he's staying away from the kids.

My DH is awesome - he might work 10-12 hrs, but he still comes home and helps me get the kids ready for bed, spends as much time with them as he can before they go to sleep... and then we watch TV together to relax, or do something together... Love my hubby!!!
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My BF is a workaholic, supposedly retired but works so hard he doesn't want to go out at night. I don't know how you solve that one ... just the way he is I guess.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I feel you 100% my hubby can't sit still he has to be doing something he just got a 1970 chevy truck to restore like we had money to spend on it lmao I would love to go pick an old junker to restore myself but nooooo he gets to do that while I watch 3 of our 4 kids and walk around 8 mos pregnant with #5 lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Someday, he'll be gone. And you'll miss all those things that used to irritate you.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010