what would you do if your partner on a class project kept flaking on you?

we have a power point project due in a couple of weeks and the guy i have to the project with keeps makin excuses and says he will call to set up a time to get together but doesnt. we have a lot to cover and not much time to get things done. he is single and 18yrs old and doesnt work anywhere, even then i was willing to work around what time works best for him but so far he hasnt made any initiative, and im feelin like a nag cause everyday after class i ask him when do u want to get together on this project? or call me and decide who needs to get what info...ect.
and if i end up doing this project by myself how would i tell the instructor he didnt help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if you can email the instructor, or pull them aside before or after class. Last year in my computer class we were placed in a group project and one of the group member did nothing at all, and me and the other girl did the whole thing. I was placed as team leader and I emailed the profesor about what was going on. Well at the end of the project each member had to evaluate each other and give them a grad or at least what they felt they should get based on time and effort, and skills, and team work as a whole. Well we both gave him an F and explained why, and We received A+'s on it,lol. I hate to be a snitch, but honestly I pay for college not to be a ride for some lazy person, but to learn and try my best.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would speak to the instructor right away. See if he can assign you another partner. If another partner isn't possible, at least he is aware you are working on it on your own.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ask him if he has done any of the work toward the project at home. If not, start to create a deadline for him and subtly tell him what part of this project he needs to complete to make this project a joint effort. In the meantime, you work on your half of the project, but in the event that he doesn't come up with the information for his half, you will have thought of a way to compensate for his failure by having an idea of what you would do for the piece he didn't come up with. In other words a backup plan if he doesn't do any work whatsoever. You still want to get credit and not have him drag your grade down with it ll. You don't necessarily need to meet up with him to put this project together. There are other ways of pooling the information together.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would do the work to the best of my ability & talk to teacher right away about what is going on & see where that goes.. Cause what happens if you do 95% of the work & the last 2-3 days before its due he jumps in & wants to put his 2 cents in?!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010