My Dog has Yeast on Paws, Help!!

I took my dog to the vet and she has yeast on her paws. They want me to soak her paws in 1 part vinegar and 10 parts water. I HATE vinegar! Is there anything else that will help?

Tammydog

Asked by Tammydog at 4:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pets

• How about monostat! Seriously, think a female product might help?
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well if your vet said to use vinegar and you don't like that option then ask your vet what other options you have.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yogurt might help.
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yeast infection of the feet can be very difficult to treat because it can be secondary to paw licking or be a primary infection. Distilled white vinegar works great even at a higher concentration. There are also medicated shampoos and leave on conditioners that can kill yeast and also some oral pills are available.. If your pet licks at the paws all of the time then the cause needs to be found and treated because they will not stop licking even if the infection is cleared up if it from a food allergy, contact allergy, or other allergies. Paw licking is very frustrating to cure.
    Anonymous

• OMG T-dog -- I have NEVER heard of that.... Can you put socks on her feet so she won't lick?
    Godsmackgrl

Answer by Godsmackgrl at 10:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i agree with the answer above. Allergies can be a large reason for paw licking. That and dogs that are just compulsive lickers. When I was working as a vet tech our vet had shampoo that he would perscribe. Don't put female products on his/her paws, it will just lick it right off then you have another problem on your hands. Yeast infections stink and are hard to clear up, so jump on it right away
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Hi - a great choice is NuVET plus - we use it here at my dog kennel - they offer a 60 day trial and money back guarantee... YOU can get powder or wafers...

here is the link - NO risk and try it

http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 4:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You can also use PLAIN yogurt.. the natural enzymes will help attach the yeast and its completely safe for your dog to livk, you can mix the yogurt with apple cider vinegar as well
    doggielovr

Answer by doggielovr at 3:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Thank You All for your Help....unfortunately, my little one passed away in February....she was 17 years old and it was her time....again, I appreciate your help. T-Dog
    Tammydog

Comment by Tammydog (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010