I need a new babysitter,How should I go about getting one?

I usually have my aunt kelly do it I do pay her 20$ for 6 hours each friday but she is complaining so I need a new one and i do NOT trust people so How do I go about getting a babysitter? I will do background checks etc...thanks in advance

*Shannyne*

SJ52608

Asked by SJ52608 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I've seen commercials for Care.com. They say they do background checks on all of their members listed and have references listed. You could try that =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if your going to put an add up in the paper make sure you get someone who has their clearances, and references(CALL THEM), and one that may have children themseleves, i would have the new one over while ur there a few times and see how they interact with ur children., if ur still worried after that then put a camera up somewhere and see how they do.
    Anonymous

• I DONT KNOW REALLY. I DONT THINK I COULD EVEN LET A STRANGER WATCH MY CHILD. I REALLY DONT WANT HER TO BECOME A STATISTIC. I KNOW THAT IT HAS WORKED FOR SOME PEOPLE, BUT I DONT WANT MY LITTLE ANGEL TO BE THE ONE THINGS GO WRONG WITH. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME OTHER FAMILY OR EVEN SOME FRIENDS THAT WOULD HELP OUT. OR EVEN YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW SOMEONE, OR MAYBE SOMEONE AT CHURCH ~ IF YOU GO. I WOULD DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO GET SOMEONE YOU KNOW, AND USE A STRANGER AS A LAST RESORT (AND THEN I PUT UP A CAMERA.) GOOD LUCK, AND I'M SORRY IF THIS RESPONCE IS TO NEGATIVE.

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2008