How do you clean your dvd's and get scratches out of them?

I use a baby wipe to clean our - probably not a good thing because they are a little scratchy. Anything better to clean them that isn't over the top expensive - like some special cleaning formula?
Also, how do you get a scratch out? I bought a machine for it but it doesn't do any good. It just spins the dvds on a soft cloth! That does nothing for the scratches!
Help!

jax3

Asked by jax3 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• ive always heard green rubbing alcohol
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 4:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• good ol' windex and a microfiber cloth
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would try cd cleaner for scratches....it might be pricey but lasts for soooo long
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i got a machine from best buy. it spins the dvd or cd around but not on a soft cloth.... it takes off the top layer and resurfaces it. i doubt it was very expensive since i am cheap lol. it works great (well a couple of things it couldn't fix but they were majorly scratched)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I bought some cleaner on ebay and it did not help. I clean them with dish soap and water, I end up tossing a lot. I may have to look into that best buy machine.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My son said that uses tooth past over the whole CD. Then he gently rinses it off. Dry it off with a soft cloth such as a soft t-shirt.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I use eyeglass cleaner and the cloth for them. They get really clean and because the cloth is designed to use on eyeglasses, it will not scratch them. Curious to know about scratch removal. I really hate throwing away dvds that have scratches on them because I hate having to rebuy them
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010