Do you talk to you SO other everyday?

I don't mean DH or anyone you live with, just someone you are seriously dating. BF and I talk everyday, but most of the time they're just brief text msgs. Is it weird? We've been together 8 months, so nothing super new, but nothing super old either.

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 4:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Absolutely! He works 225 miles away during the week. Comes home on the weekends. We have matching speaker phones. So, every minute we're not at work, we're on the phone catching up on each other's day and watching our favorite tv shows together.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Before hubby and I moved in together and we were only dating, we did talk to each other every day. We saw each other almost everyday. And this was even in the age before cell phones were super prevalent and there was text messaging. But now we are in the age of texts and facebook and that changes the dynamics of relationships. I don't think sending a daily text is weird but if you want more contact, you will have to actively initiate it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• While we were dating we talked for hours everyday! Then we started seeing each other for atleast 15 minutes a day!....Hell, i now cant really remember a day of not being with him
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When we were dating, there would be a day or two in between us talking ant then it turned into a phone call every day then a visit every day...now we have no choice but to talk to eachother every day,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes... Before we were married we were living together & before that we worked together and lived in the same building. Since day one we have been together every day - well, actually since before day one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Me & DH have been together since 1999.(10th grade highschool).. And I think ive talked to him every day except for when we had a few break-ups or when he would go on vacation with his family & was unable to use a phone (he didnt have a cell back then)
    If I added up all the days I did not talk to him in the last 11 years(and we where actively dating) it would be maybe a month or 2 ?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When my spouse and I were dating, we lived 800 miles apart; we spoke at least once a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2010