when did you know to tie your tubes?

i am pregnant with #3 and thinking about tying my tubes but i am not totally sure if this is all i want i have a 9 year old and a 3 year old and this one due in march, i feel like i am done but got this nagging thought of are you sure, how did you decide to tie your tubes?

jenny.jourdan

Asked by jenny.jourdan at 4:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• We had twins, and decided two kids were enough. My husband had surgery, not me. It was really easy and he was fine.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I was 45 and darned sure I didn't want to have to worry about getting preggers anymore. Glad I did. Cuz here I am almost 51 and mother nature STILL feels the need to visit every month. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I knew for sure I wasn't going to have any more kids.

Answer by older at 4:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Just had it done during my last c-section 2 weeks ago.  I knew it was time because I had been pregnant 6 times, lost my 5th child to a miscarriage and was having my 5th c-section.  It just wasn't worth the risk to my health to have another child even though I think both me and my husband kind of wanted 6 kids.  My kids are 10, 8 1/2, 7 1/2, 4 and 2 weeks old.  My husband keeps saying how he won't get his little "Baily Shea" (the name he picked out for the last one if he had been a girl) so I think he's kind of regretting it now.  He did say he thought I would change my mind at the last minute but I went through with it because it's my body and my health at risk even though this pregnancy, surgery and recovery were a piece of cake compared to the other ones.  I'm also 33 and would be over 35 before we had a 6th child which puts me at "high risk" so it was time.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• After age 35, I was done, done, done - love kids but didn't want to bear any more of my own.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had my tubes tied the day after my son was born- i made my mind up while i was pregnant, i always knew i only wanted to have Two kids & my daughter was 2- i think you just know; if you are not sure then wait to do it- when the time is right you will be ready!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• After being on bed rest for the last five months of last pregnancy. Was very difficult with a 6 yr old. I knew I couldn't put my kids or my body thru it again.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Well we thought we wanted 2 kids. After our son was born...our family felt right and complete. But we waited over 4 years to be sure. I had my tubes tied and no regrets. Our son completes our family. I am only 27 but my dr knew we were 100% sure done. Plus, I do not want suprises.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We just had a feeling of completeness. Plus my last pregnancy was hell for me. So we knew we never wanted to go through that again.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I was pregnant with # 2 and now I regret it. I advise not to decide while pregnant. I was irrational (not saying you are) but if I had it to do over I would wait a while to make sure I was sure.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010