I think I used to be a better person....

Lately I find myself getting jealous- which was NEVER a personality trait I have had.. Or wishing bad things to happen to people who I have resentment or hurt feelings towards.. I used to be the forgive and forget type of personality and now I am not - I feel bitter or something.. I know I am stressed right now but I can't seem to snap out of it - my husband is this person, not me - its not a bash on him, he's a great man, just we are different in some personality areas.. do you think he could "rub off" on me after 13 years.. or at 31 am I really getting old and bitter or could stress really effect me so negatively.?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's getting older and the stress of keeping up with life, time is flying so fast, you wake up in the morning and next thing you know your no in your early twenties anymore, you have kids, bills and other endless responsibilites that never seem to end (at least that is how it is with me). Your husband might be going through the same thing, life moves way to fast, talk about things with him don't let everyday stress drag you down, good luck momma.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• DON'T be hard on yourself. You are just going through mixed emotions right now. Things will get better, they always do.

Enjoy your family, kids grow up too fast. If you really have trouble, you can always go to a counselor or pastor, elder or friend. Good luck to you.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it is true that we become like the people with whom we are the closest. But we cannot use that as an excuse. Our aim should always be to bring them up to our level and not allow them to drag us down to theirs. If you really think this is what's happening to you, start hanging out with some people that you really admire, that you think are really good people. Maybe they will be able to help you to rise above the level to which you and your husband are now on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Stress can do all kinds of things to us both mentally and emotionally and physically, but some negative thoughts do rub off on others if exposed long enough.  All of those emotions really are bad for you so let go, for your benefit.

Answer by older at 5:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am more like my husband (in an asshole kind of way), but i don't think it's his fault. Being an adult is very irritating.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010