what did/do you do when you have to use the bathroom but there's no one around to help with the baby?

i always wondered what other mommies did when nature would call but no one is around to watch the baby. i can't stand to hear my babies crying & no one would be around to comfort them. i feel like i'm neglecting them. so i would bring them with me in their bouncy seat. what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take them with me. I've even been known to pull the Highchair in the bathroom so I could shower...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If it was a quick pee, I'd take her with me and lay her on a blanket (when she was tiny) and talk to her. If it would take longer like a poo or something I'd put her in her crib and talk to her through the wall.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Bring the baby in the room with me.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would either take her with me and hold her on my lap while I went..which was a hard thing to do when it came time to pull the undies and pants back up,lol. Or I would just leave her on the living room floor on a blanket. If she would cry, it wouldnt be for long..doesnt take too long to pee :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• OMG! I'd just lay him down in his crib! i can just see you guys with a baby on the bathroom floor!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Put them in their crib....they will survive until you are done.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I just let them cry.  It won't kill them.  I NEVER took any of my kids into the bathroom with me ever.  It's the only privacy I have and I refuse to compromise it.  I have 5 kids (the youngest is 2 weeks old) and they all survived and are normal kids who don't feel I neglected them for peeing in private and letting them cry for 2 minutes.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If the child is a tiny infant, just lay him down somewhere where he will be safe. If he's old enough to sit up, take him with me. It's not going to hurt a child to cry long enough for his mom to use the bathroom. In fact, it's probably good for him to learn that all the world does not exist just to make him comfortable.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• wow concise,we agree on something! :)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Put them in their crib and they will be fine without you while you go to the bathroom. They WILL survive. As long as they are in a safe p[lace, they are OK.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010