Is this Braxton Hicks? adult content

Im a little over 38 weeks and all day I been getting the feeling where Im gonna start my period, I keep checking to make sure I didnt.. There's no tightning or anything like that. I never got BH so is this what they feel like? Or could it be cause Im just nearing the end?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normal. I would call my OB Gyn just to let them know. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You could just be getting ready... Do you mean like "period cramps"? Those are contractions. To tell if they are real ,ask yourself - "Do they come regularly? Will they go away if I drink some water and rest for a while (or get up and move... just a change of whatever you're doing)? Do they last long enough to be real?"

Just don't stress... try to relax. If they seem to be coming regularly, time them, you know the drill - this is also true if they dont go away no matter what you do.

I didn't realize I was in labor - I just was uncomfortable and mildly crampy - after several hours it turned into "OMG I can't get off of the floor it huuuuurrrrrttttssssss" and he was born that night. Once the ctx got bad, I found I couldn't breathe through them. I was at my nephews bday party and everyone was singing "happy bday" while I sat on the kitchen floor trying to breathe and not throw up.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Braxton hicks make your stomach feel like a rock for a few seconds,
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• lay on your left side and time them if they come at the same distance apart then call your doc for sure they my be real ones!
    I would call the doc to be sure anyways.
    jenny.jourdan

Answer by jenny.jourdan at 5:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Definitely not Braxton Hicks. Sounds like it could be real contractions. When I had my daughter, my contractions felt just like period cramps in the very beginning. Call your doctor.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes, they are contractions (real ones, not bh). you should time them and if they are coming in a pattern you should give your ob a call. also if they are not in a pattern but keep coming for over a hour you should call them too. gl and lay down
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010