Why do some stepmothers think they are so much better than the bio moms?

I mean, really. Bio moms are the ones that gave birth to these kids.And some step moms just walktz right on in with thier noses clinging to the sky thinking and acting like they are just going to replace the bio mom. What is it? I don't get it. Wouldnt it be easier to just try to get along with the bio mother rather than trying to make the kids like you so much better? Why would you want to put limitations and restrictions on a bio mom? Why woudl you want to control the dad so much so that everything is just your way?
Sometimes it just drives me nuts. Why these men go pick out some floozy for themself that wants to play mommy and then the same floozy just pisses everyone off, ends up putting all these rules and restrictions on the kids and the dad and its all ok,right?
Not ALL step moms are like this, just some. I just don't understand the portion that are. They dont' even have a clue about themselves.Its sickening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i so agree with you! there are some great stepmoms out there, but lots of them are just fckn bitches! i cant stand the stepmoms who talk shit and get pissed of when the bio mom asks for money from the dad too and stepmoms like "wah wah wah why is she always asking for things, he needs to support me and my kids now", bitch! he had a baby with her and now he has to pay for it so act like a women and realize what the hell your husband did.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm a step mom who has had her step son EVERYDAY for the past 3 1/2 years with the bio Mom nowhere in sight. We possibly get a phone call once a month. No presents, cards, or anything else for her son. She can barely manage to make the phone call because she's wrapped up in her own life. She hasn't seen her son in 4 years. No one even speaks badly about her here. In fact, when I do talk to her, I encourage her to call more often and try to plan a visit. It's wasted breath. In this situation, I am the parent and have every right to make rules and restrictions when it comes to my stepson's daily life. I have assumed the role of "mother" because of her actions. I also know a lot of vindictive stepmom's out there, but I'm not one of them. In fact, I would gladly welcome some help!
    B_Vail

Answer by B_Vail at 6:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Maybe they feel inferior?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think this story can go a few different ways. I do not know you or your story, but I do know a lot about step families.
    I know some men hid behind their wives to make themselves look like the good guy when in reality, it's not the step mother, it the bio dad.
    I also know of bio mothers who just blame the crap on the step mom even when it's not really her for some reason, the bio mom can not believe that the bio dad would act that way unless someone was pushing them to do so.
    I also know of bio mothers who are jealous
    There are also the ones who are exactly as you described as above.
    BUT
    Just because someone gives birth to someone, doesn't mean they are the perfect mother. My stepsons' mother was charged with neglect. The children were malnourished and had severe tooth decay. The one even needed a root canal at age 5. Her comment was that she was glad to get rid of them as they were a burden. yet I got the blame.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Usually the father talks crap about the bio mom or the kid does. I was blessed with great step parents. And my sons step mom is great but we have rules we don't bash each other around him. If we have issues with anything we discuss it like adualts. I know this doesn't work for every one but it works for us. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i am a step mom who has the bio mom speak badly to the kids about my and the kids father
    so
    the rotten apples can be in either bowl
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• does this step mom do all the work when the kids are with her? maybe you think they should act like the house they live in doesn't belong to them, it only belongs to the bio dad and step kids. i have never met a step mom like that. i have met bio moms who think that the dad should put the kids he has with them way above the kids he has with someone else. you should be glad that the step mom is willing to "play mommy" because that means she wants something to do with the step kids. she could have nothing to do with them. or maybe you would like that better. i agree that some step moms can be bad, but it sound like you hate her for a differnt reason. calling her a "floozy" was a clue
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• one of my friends "plays house" with her boyfriends daughter and makes her call her mommy even though she lives with her bio mom. it sickens me...she is not a mom...she doesnt know the first thing about being a parent so i hate to hear her call herself that. and she is terrible to this little girl as well. lucky for me my bf and i are on the same page about how are children are to be raised if we ever were to split up. the #1 rule is than no other person will be called mommy or daddy except us and no woman or man we get involved with will have the right to make descisions about our children...
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It's a deliberate competition.
    The male in charge (so to speak) set it up that way. He likes the new one for the drama, the replacement mentality

He's the problem usually and it's his GAME to play, PLAYING with the lives of those children and the image of being in CHARGE of things, not to say in promotional sense or gain, it's just he's making pawns of both the females who will only get scarred with the never is enough to please this man in this end of the matter.

This is a worthless endeavor and selfish at that.

The male is a skunk no better than a fish who makes his living looking better using 2 goldfish (children) and 2 new placemats, or doormats to rub his bad intentions upon. What A MESS ! !

Women should never be used and I hope somebody learns something out of this question session.
    BYBY
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It will always leave a scar on both the chidlren (bio-moms) and her. (bio-mom)

Never enough popcorn, days in the week or drama for dad, NEVER. HE LIKES IT
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010