Crib or Pack and Play?

We are having our second son and I just have a pack and play. Ten years ago when I got prengant with my first child we went all out and got the whole nursery set. However, the baby bed was just a catch all and we never used it. This time I bought a pack and play with a bassinet made into it. It will last until he is ready for a Toddler Bed. Do you use a Baby Bed? Do you just have a Pack and Play?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 5:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has both.. and she never sleeps in her crib. She sleeps in her pack and play in our room.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• pac n play alll day! My son went from craddle to pack n play to toddler bed! I dont see a need for cribs, ESP with the pack n plays that have that basinet set and changing table attachment! and to top it off its more affordable and PORTABLE! gotta love being able to take a bed that baby is used to on the rd with you!! YAY!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had both with both my kids I used the pack and play with the bassenet till he was about 2 months then switched to the crib and just used the pack and play if we went somewere or if we were outside. Then at 10 months they both went to a toddler bed but with my son I have went back to useing the pack and play because he doesn't like to stay in bed
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm more of an advocte for cribs. They offer better support for the baby than a pack-n-play.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Pack and plays are not safe for babies that can stand,they can tip it over and land on their face! Those are intended for trips and napping when a parent is nearby to supervise.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We used the bassinet portion of the pack and play when my daughter was an infant. Then she went into her crib. Her crib converts to a toddler bed and then a twin bed, so it will grow with her. We only used the pack n play for naps or trips away from home until she was able to climb out of it. I personally like the convertible crib option, but everyone has their own personal preferences. :)
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Our pack n play is 10 years old and all 5 of my kids have used it as a bed at some point. We had 3 kids right in a row and my oldest used it until we could afford a crib (when she was 7 months). Then our 2nd child used it until he was 10 months. Our 3rd child used it until she was 8 months. Our 4th child used it until she was 23 months and went into her big girl bed (the other 3 had completely broke the crib by then). And now our 5th child is using it as a crib. It's pretty beat up but still works so he'll use it. he's sleeping in the bassinet part now since he's only 2 weeks old.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My kids have always napped in the pack n play, but slept at night only in their cribs.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i have both a pack and play and a crib. the crib has been used nonstop (on baby #3 now lol) and the pack n play is in the garage and i have never even set it up lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What I don't understand is they offer little to no support for your baby (other than the bassinet). So why would you want it to be a full time bed for them?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010