Rent or Own

Would you rather rent or own a house?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 5:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in

• I have done both and I would so much rather own. With 2 dogs and a small child I don't want any one telling me what my family can and can not do inside my own home. If I want to paint a certain color than I can. I can design it any way I want and while we still have neighbors they are not right on top of us or below us driving me bananas or us dirivng them bananas.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• been renting for 8 years... it sucks! i would love to own a house and get to change it/break it/fix it/ do whatever we want to it!! :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We own and like this a lot better. However when we were renting it was nice that we didnt have to pay for repairs
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I've only lived in one apartment. That was right after I graduated high school. That was only for a year. Never again! I have owned my own homes ever since. I never have to beg and wait for a landlord to get something fixed. And, I can do whatever I darned well please to my home without somebody's permission. I spend less on a house payment for a 2000 sq ft home than most ppl pay for an apartment.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Rent.

I have never had any interest or desire in owning a home.. I have no interest in lawn/yard work , no desire to do my own maintenance, and I like being able to just pack up and move around whenever the mood strikes me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Own, I'm just a private person. I like being able to do what I want with my yard & home (within reason).
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 9:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I want to own!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Own - but it depends on your life situation. I bought my first house when I was 21 (am now 51).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i would love to own a home but can't afford it right now so we're stuck in an apt.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Own, I like the peace and quiet of not having neighbors on top or bottom.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010