Does anyone have daughters who have percocious puberty?

My daughter is 6 years old and already starting puberty, we are having her get a supperlin (sp?) implant next week...has anyone had this done? I am a little nervous about it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Health

• your daughter is only 6 and starting puberty? in what ways? that's so young! and what is this thing (implant?)
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 5:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Has she been to an oncologist? The only time I heard about puberty starting this young was because she had a tumor on her ovary...praying for you and your family.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 5:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She had the implant in last week, so far so good, 2 more weeks and the meds should kick in. When she was 4 she started getting acne, and then when she was 5 1/2 she started getting body odor and pubic hair, so we went to an endocrinologist (sp) they do a x-ray of her hand to determine what their bone age is, hers was a 9 year old. So she had an implant put in her arm, that continously slows down her hormones for 1 year. We have to put a new one in every year until 11 or 12 years of age. The doctors say its pretty common, but I do not know anyone who has gone through this. I am hoping my son does not have this as well. Oh and my daughter is the size of a 9 year old, tallest in her class :) Thanks for your prayers!
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 10:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My daughter just had her hormone test today...could you let me know a little more about the disorder? My daughter is only 3 she will be 4 in Feb. She has over sized breasts and pubic and underarm hair, also a mature body odor. We have to let her wear deodorant. I'm a little disturbed by the thought of the implant, but the injection medication has so many possible permanent side effects. Any light you can shed on this for me would be greatly appreciated!!

bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010