Looking for help

I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 8 months a long.. and barely have enough money for my bills this month. I am with my boyfriend but he was jobless at the time... I was the only one working... and the job i am at do not pay for your materninty leave. any way.. now i find out that our roomate just lost his job and he is going to be moving out in a day... So now we are out of more money having to pay for his parts of the bill too... and I have no one that can help us by moving in!!! Now i Am just looking for some help and some real help.. no scams.. I need to find a job online or a way to make any type of money at home.. I had a c-section so I can't go back to work early... plus taking care of two children under 2years. So if anyone has a job idea or some way I can make some money please let me know!!! I am so stressed out and I don't want to end up homeless:( thanks.Also it takes 2 years for housing assisantance

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 5:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well sweetie, I don't know what to tell you. A work at home job is near impossible when you've got young kids around because you can't have any background noise whatsoever. If they were easy to get and keep, more of us would have them.

I'm not sure how it would work where you are but if you call 211, I think it is, you'll be put in touch with United Way and they may be able to help you in some way. Try calling your local WIC office and let them know what happening and they can give you more information; I know mine hands out pamphlets of phone numbers for all sorts of things, including emergency shelters for families.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 6:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• westathome.com
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2010