I'm getting a little worried about dh's health. Has yours had any of these symptoms....

He's been experiencing dizzy spells...on and off for about a year now. He did go to the dr. about it and they did a bunch of blood work, took his b/p and they said everything came back fine. Now he won't go back, he says he's fine.
They are getting increasingly more often and lasting longer. He thinks I don't notice him stumble from dizziness and have to reach out to hold onto somethign for a minute, he says he's fine but I know he's not.
Now, this past entire week, he has been extremly tired.Going to bed early, taking a long nap after he gets home from work.He seems really down and out and he just keeps saying he's just tired.
So, he's got the dizzy spells,tiredness and doesnt seem to have the same desire to get up and do a whole lot like he did a few weeks ago.He's 39...anyone elses dh have these symptoms?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 5:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Health

• Me thinks he needs to back to the doctor ASAP! There are many things it could be, but I can only speak from experience. My dh was around that age when he was diagnosed with diabetes. After that he started taking good care of himself...we changed our diet and started exercising. Twelve years later he began with the dizzy spells again. We assumed it was the diabetes and that's what doc said. Two weeks after his last dr visit he had a massive stroke. They can actually happen to a younger person...not trying to scare you. But in any event, dizziness and being abnormally tired is the body's way of saying that something isn't right! Best of luck getting him to go in.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, but DRAG him to the doctor...knock him out, whatEVER it takes,,,
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 5:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Has he been checked for Diabetes? I had Gestational and would get very dizzy and sick to my stomach
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If you go on line you will have an overload of not so desirable info, but those dizzy spells are caused by something, maybe his eyesight or ears.

Answer by older at 5:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Men can be such babies when it comes to seeing a doctor, use your feminine charm to change his mind, gave you my last bump!

Answer by older at 5:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• have you tried to look the symptoms up online?..i don't really know what else to tell you if he's not willing to go to the doc.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Those symptoms could be due to a lot of different things - way to many to make a geuss. I agree with the other moms; he needs to go back to the doctor....maybe a different doctor. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Does your insurance have a 'nurse hotline' you can call? Has his vision been checked? Any headaches or shooting pains? If it's not blood pressure related, I'd be concerned about diabetes or something systemic. Does he sleep okay at night? Does he take a basic multivitamin every day (could be low iron, more common in women, but that's what it sounds like)?
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Actually,maxsmom...thats what I was thinking too. But he has been tested for it a few years ago so of course he says thats not it. I think he should be tested again. His mom does have diabetes where she has to take the insulin shots every day.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, he hasn't been sleeping okay at night...mostly because of the dizziness.He can't get comfortable because he gets dizzy just from trying to move around in the bed.ANd no daily vitamin either.He is a stubborn man.UGH. I'm just going to make him an appointment and tell him he has no choice but to go.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010