how the heck

do you go from throwing expired milk away to not having enough?? seriously, we are living with family for now, until we get back on our feet. we're paying half of the bills, including the grocery bill. they used to buy half gallons of milk, and even those they had to dump because they didn't drink enough of it, it got to the experation date, so they'd dump it. all of a sudden we live with them, buy gallons of milk, and seriously, we go through a gallon a day!! our small family of 4 didn't even drink that much! as soon as we buy some, my stupid brother comes and drinks most of it by making HUGE bowls of cereal. they all said they only drink whole milk. so, i got them a half gallon of whole milk, got us a gallon of 2%. that should last right? now all of a sudden, my brother likes 2% more than whole milk (even though he claims it messes his stomach up.) i'm sorry, i'm just so mad right now. i had to get it off my chest

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• buy your own little bar fridge - it will pay for itself in weeks.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 5:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I totally understand... and milk is NOT cheap! We go through about a gallon a day... most of it is the two toddlers, then the one who drinks next to the most is DS1... I'm lucky if I get ANY, and DH never gets it.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I know what you are going through. We live with Family to and can't keep milk in the house. We have to get both kinds since my son is 1 and everyone else drinks 2% and its hard to keep milk in the house
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• lol..maybe they are picking up your guys' healthier eating habits?
    Its tough living with family. Don't try to figure it out, you'll go nutty. Maybe write your kids name on the gallon of milk with a permanant marker and tell them NOT to use that milk, its for the kids.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Since I have begun drinking Silk, Soy milk, the expiration date is 6 to 8 weeks. I buy several and they last a long time. I cannot drink cow's milk, it does tear up my stomach. When my son would come home from college on the weekends, he would buy a 1/2 gallon of milk for himself.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 5:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Awh the joy of living with others! Are they helping you purchase groceries? I've been there, not ideal I know. Good luck.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I see only 2 solutions. #1 Hurry and move as soon as you can OR #2 Since you can't move right away, go on walks...lots of walks, as many as you need. It all sounds so frustrating...I wish you the best!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Like a PP said get a mini fridge just for you guys in your room. We go through a gallon of milk a day!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• we are waiting for some money to start rolling in, which will be soon cuz dh just started school and with the gi bill thing he's gonna be getting bah...as soon as the va starts sending it were outta here. we still have savings, so hopefully it will come soon, so we don't lose all our savings on bills...there is no room for a mini fridge, and if there was, all i'd hear is complaining. i can't stand it.
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you should buy and prepare your own food as should they!. they need to stop using your stuff!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2010