Miscarriage

I had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago. The doctor made sure my miscarriage was complete 3 weeks ago. Then today out out nowhere I started having extremely heavy bleeding, abdominal pains, and passing clots. I went to the dr immediately and the guy I saw said he thought it was from my miscarriage. How, after 6 weeks, could I be having problems from my miscarriage when it was complete 3 weeks ago? The nurse asked if there was a possibility that I was pregnant but they never thought to run a pregnancy test. That was my 2nd miscarriage in 6 months and they refuse to do a hystorectomy. What can I do to convince them that after 4 years of having all sorts of problems that I need one?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 5:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried changing doctors? I know it can be a pain, but maybe one doctor is willing to go the extra mile to really look at your medical history than your current doctor. Good luck and I am so sorry for your loss.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would defenattly change doctors
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You should get to the root of your problem. I would see a specailist. See why you are miscarrying. Are you RH negative? That cause my friend to miscarry 4 times before they figured it out. I hav another that miscarried 3 times cause she had a hormone imbalance, not enough estrogen.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I agree with carsonsmommytam- have someone some bloodwork to make sure everythings ok- I am both RH negative and have a hormone imbalance, so in order to sustain a pregnancy I have to take progesterone pills as soon as I become pregnant- I didn't know about any of that until after I miscarried.. you must be going through a lot right now, I hope it all turns out okay..
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 6:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• well since you already have 2 kids won't they give you the option of the 'permanent birth control'? it is basically just a non-surgical hysterectomy. that should be an option even if you were not having all of these problems. if he still won't agree i would just see a different ob/gyn.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I agree the ladies about changing doctor. Get a second opinion.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm confused.... why do you need a hystorectomy for miscarriages? So do you want to get pregnant or you don't want to have any more kids? And if you don't want to you have more kids, why wouldn't you do essure, a tubal, or even a 3 yr type birth control like Implanon or Mirena. That uterus is helping to hold your bladder and bowel in their proper places. If you remove it, you have a much higher chance of having your bladder or colon prolapsing and bulging into the vaginal wall, which is not good.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• get a second opion,good luck.
    peaches504

Answer by peaches504 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would see a specialist. I definately would not have a hysterectomy just because of a miscarriage. Hysterectomys can cause many problems of their own.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have had 2 miscarriages in 6 months and that is why I am looking at having one. I want another child but I really don't think I can carry anymore. My normal doctor has said that we can do test after test and may never find out what is causing them so he doesn't think it is worth the time and money considering I don't have health insurance. The doctor that I saw Friday when this happened was just the on call doctor and I don't think he really knew what he was talking about. I am just hoping that sometime I may be able to get to the end of this.
    agrafel

Comment by agrafel (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010