Is it possible???

I have 3 kids and I am pregnant with the 4th.... and i am struggling with being sooooo tired and the 3 other kids making messes and the house being a mess.... it is causing alot of problems with me and my SO that the house is messy when he comes home. So my ? is..... is it possible to have a tidy house and juggle everything else with the kids??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Yes, it's possible, but it takes commitment, time management, schedules/routines, and making the kids pitch in and help with the cleaning....Of course doing what is age appropriate.

My house is not tidy today and I still struggle, but on the days I'm committed to following the routines and schedules I made for myself and kids things are good! The house is always the same or better then it was when my husband left in the mornings. On the days I'm committed that is!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• maybe instead of fighting your so can help with the house work, being a full time mom is hard.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ummm... if your so wants a clean house he can do it himself. You've got enough to handle. Put your feet up and relax.
    shudderette

Answer by shudderette at 12:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Clutter does not equal filth..... remember that. I always kept those cheap $1 laundry baskets.... and used them to shuffle piles of toys and stuff.... But in your defense, I only had 2 children. I used to leave the dishwasher door open (took the stemware tray out of course) so my kids could put their own things in it, and trained them to. Every room had at least one of the $1 baskets in it... and the boys would pick up all their toys, and then push the basket like a make-believe truck and dump it in the toy box... complete with dump-truck sounds..

It's possible to have a tidy house..... it shouldn't be a requirement... three kids and pregnant equals.... if you want to see my house clean... come your ass over here and clean it. Bless your heart. Don't be hard on yourself about it and don't let anyone else be hard on you either.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• matter of fact where do you live....we'll organize a CafeMom Elf Cleaning Team and you're husband will think your a wonder-woman when he gets home!! LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• lol...nope...impossible! I have one child of my own and one foster child right now (which kind of makes me feel like I have an empty house since there isnt more) but my house is trashed all day long. I work from home part time and as a sub part time so its not like my days are open to clean...with 3 kids and the 4th on the way,. hell no. Its amazing I manage to keep the dishes done, laundry caught up, and floors clean on any given day...I like the PP's laundry basket idea!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I use the flylady system and it is wonderful. Makes keeping a tidy clean home easy, even with 4 kids. Check it out www.flylady.com
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 9:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• when i was prego with #3 i was really sick and tired. my so understood that i was going to need help during that time.
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2008