I am leaking breast milk and I am not pregnant!! has this ever happened to you?

My youngest son was born 2.6 years ago. I have not breast fed since he was six months old. In addition, I had a Tubal Ligation. Why are my breast leaking milk. Has this ever happened to you.

alejandra559

Asked by alejandra559 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes it could mean u still hae milk from when u were pregnant,or to much fun at that area ....
    QueenSnow

Answer by QueenSnow at 5:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It has happened to my sister before and she saw her Dr.....she was told too much stimulation....her boyfriend was doing it lol.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i had breast milk leaking for almost 3 years after breastfeeding not all the time but it would come
    jenny.jourdan

Answer by jenny.jourdan at 5:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• are you on any type of birth control..mine did some when i came off depo...depo is horrible.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yea but it was before i ever had kids and the doctor said that it could be a tumor in my brain, that came out negative, but i never did know what caused it but i did hear that it could be from meds you are taking
    xIlovemybabiesx

Answer by xIlovemybabiesx at 6:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• After I had my hysterectomy I was put on hormone replacements. Because my hormones had been so low for so long, once I got to the correct level, I began producing breast milk. My doctor told me to be sure to take showers with my breasts away from the shower, not to go bra-less and it stopped within a week. Strange.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 6:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes before having any kids I had it for over a year, it was a hormone imbalance.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes I think it was a combination of hormones /BC and stimulation from DH..... Had it for 3 years after stopping BF.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Occasionally, depending on a particular stimulation, my right breast will do this! Never more than a drip or two, but still...kinda weird, lol!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think my younger sister was 4 or 5 years old when I asked my mom if she still made milk(I was probaby 7 or 8 at the time) and she squeezed one and a good squirt of milk came out. Pretty weird for me at the time. She oly breastfed my sister for about 3 weeks.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010