Is this what newer parents are doing now?

Carrying the baby into the bathroom with you when you pee? Having the child sleep in a pack and play instead of buying a crib?? I guess I'm just old school because these answers today have got my head spinning!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, not me ... and I'm with you on feeling that these answers certainly are a shift. My daughter is only 6, so those early years weren't too long ago for me either!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Well I carried my son around for the first 6 months and if he wasn't in my arms he was in my boyfriends or my dads or my sisters or my brothers etc etc...

I never bought a crib...

And my son has not always come into the bathroom with me - but since he has been walking I don't remember the last time he wasn't in there with me. He is 2 and a half now and even if I try to shut the door he will always barge in lol.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The one time I tried to pee with the baby in the sling was quite a task!! After that, it became necessity to find another way, i.e. take an older kid out with me or limit my trips to the store to avoid the need. At home, though, I say put the kid down! Baby will survive not being held for 5 damn minutes! Think how moms functioned 100 years ago, ya know, before indoor plumbing was common...
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would take mine in with me to pee when I was out. What's the big deal with that? I mean, hell, he's a month old, I'm not gonna leave him at the table by himself.
    And we never bought a bassinnet. (or is it bassinette?) He slept in the little drop in part of his pack n play until he was like 5 months. Hey, saved me some money one some dumb crap he wasn't gonna need for more than 3 months.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The whole thing wrong with this picture is ...you can not attach your baby to your hip for the rest of your life...and at some point they have to learn how to deal with the world. This is really goofy.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't know- The ERF until ?????????????????? insert age (16) maybe.

Yes, I'm old. Common sense is lacking. There is no "perfect parenting" book that I know of-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• LOL..."Attachment Parenting" is an hysterical practice!! My SIL tried that, now she's in tears most days when her super whiny daughter won;t give her 5 minutes alone!! LOL We ALL warned her that it was ridiculous, but she read some books and new so much more than any other mother on the planet!!

Oh, and she also treats her 6 year old like a little adult!! That's going over REALLY well!! (sarcasm) LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What is wrong with a crib?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd carried my baby into the bathroom when I had to pee before. What's wrong with that? He sleeps in a crib, however maybe some parents don't have room for or can't afford a crib.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What! 20yrs ago I knew of parents who put their kid in their pack-n-play almost all day.. They gave a bottle in it. put any toys to play in.. a blanket... and maybe some cartoons to watch through the mesh.

My dd rarely was in her pack-n-play but having it was GREAT, cause when we needed it. We NEEDED IT! Once dd was mobile she didnt want to be in there for more than 3 minutes lol... shes always been free to explore.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010