bottle weening

nic95490

Asked by nic95490 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• switch over to the nuby sippies or any sippy with a soft spout...this may help make the transistion easier. Then after a while introduce the hard spout sippies......soon they'll be a pro and wont miss the bottle.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I just stopped giving my daughter a bottle. I was really luck bc she didnt miss it! Every baby is different though. I once read a great article about trashing bottles. Involve your child and tell them that the "babas" have to go "bye bye". Let your child say good bye to them and through them in the trash. Make sure its right before your trashmen come. When they get there take your child outside and let them see there bottles go away. " Bye-bye babas!" Its a fun way to try it. Of coarse keep a bottle or two for back-up just in case! Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• before a year i was giving her sippy cups to get her ready. then only gave a bottle at night. did that for about a week, then just took it from her..she has been have since she was 12 1/2 months she is now 14 months. you can also give a paci for when they are sleeping.
    BERUMEN

Answer by BERUMEN at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008