How can I help her feel better?

My girl tripped and hit her chin on the hardwood floor. It imediatly (sp?) turned into a purpleish spot the size of a pea on the underside of her chin. She can still wiggle her jaw and talk and everything so it's nothing major. Says it hurts and it's swelling up around the spot. Looks like a blood blister type thing you usually get by pinching your finger in something. My question is what can I do to help her? We've given her an ice pack to put on it and tylenol for the pain and swelling. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks! BTW: she's 5.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like you're doing great to me! My little one is 6, she also likes it if I read her a story when she's not feeling great.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Anytime i either got hurt or sick my mom always made the couch a little bed for me. she would also put on my favorite moving and lay with me on the couch it always made me feel alot better.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 6:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It sounds like more of a bruise than anything else, so the ice pack should make it feel better and maybe even keep the bruise from spreading.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010