WHY!! IM SO CRAZY JEALOUS.. HELP

For some reason, today is starting out to be a bad day. Im having some bad dreams and im depressed. Im compltely jealous and i know why and im trying to stop thinking about it.. does anyone ever feel this way or have these problems.

I think the problem is that they got married a week after us and ive always felt like im in competition with them, that my life is compared to theirs, and there is no way we match up. They both work, he had a crapload of money given to him, theres no way we could match up, so why does it get me.

I just really want to stop thinking about the house they own, the wonderful shower they got, all the crap people bought them.

I also feel like my family respects them more because of the things they have and their age.. They are like two years older than hubby and like eight years older than me.

Ugh.. I just want to get this out of my head~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• things may appear outwardly that they are "perfect" but you never know what really goes on behind close doors. There is no perfect marriage and there is no perfect "couple", I can assure that they have their moments and their problems, money can be the root of all evil. I will take being poor any day over what some people truly have that say they are rich... someone can be less than fortunate and be very happy with who they are and what they have. Comparing your situation to others is always defeating no matter who it is compared against. There is always something there, all one has to do is look for it. I stopped looking at life like that years ago... and became content with who I am and what I have...
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 6:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Just be thankful for what you have. why get caught up in others crap? Also it may seem better from where you are sitting but the grass NOT always greener on the other side. Why are you entertaining all this negative energy? Get up and go out for a walk!!!!!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Life stinks! People around you will always seem to have it easier. Most likely in some ways they probally do. The person doing the job next to you probaly makes more money. If you want to be petty (we all have a right to momentary pettiness as long as you snap out of it) work on your best trait. Even someting as simple as a fun new nail polish can make you feel prettier or work on your hobby. I do scrapbooking while my friend does jewlery. That way when it comes to the vs. game it's harder to compare a personal gift than dollars to dollars on a storebought item.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My sister is ten yr older than me. I spent my entire life trying to compete against her but always fell short. She married the perfect man, had two perfect children who grew up to be perfect adults with lots of material things and money while I married an abusive dick and had three kids I had to rear myself. I was always broke and felt I disappointed my family. I started learning who I was as a person and what I bring to life in general. I'm me. I like me. I have traits my sister doesn't have. Her life is perfect and boring while my life is full of drama (not bad) and colorful experiences. I've learned to accept and enjoy what I have not what I don't have. I've learned the importance of my purpose in life and don't feel the need for the jealousy anymore. Remember that life is good bc you are in it. That says a lot!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• do they have kids? look, you don't know what goes on in their lives. could be they are jealous of you guys.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2008