How can I obtain a copy of my ultrasound?

I am wondering how I can get a copy of my ultrasound that they did? The first ultrasound they did on me was when I was about 7 weeks along and then I lost the baby the following week. They never gave me a copy of the picture and I am wondering how I can get a copy of that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Health

• You ask for it.

Answer by older at 6:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would just call your doctor's office and ask. My doctor's keep a picture in my file.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Call the place you got it done at. I lost a baby at 20 weeks and never got a picture from the ultrasound either. I called a couple months later to see if I could get a copy of what they took and all I was able to get was the femur and the placenta as that's what they used for the measurements. It was better than nothing though, as I had a D&E and never got to see my baby. At least this is one more thing that proves that he was alive and in me.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 7:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010