Do I have a right to be upset.... your thoughts?

my sis called me yesterday and said that my mom's brother has pictures of my son on redbubble and was trying to sell them! I checked out the site and sure enough she was right. I was upset . I left a message on my mom's machine and I pm'd him on FB to remove the pictures. He replies "I removed them. I did ask you at Russ's funeral and you said ok". Um no! I remember him saying he had pictures and could he put them up, but he NEVER specified they would be for public viewing (I thought he meant fb/family views only) and he sure as hell never asked if he could sell them! So he went crying to my mom about it and how I could have gotten him kicked off that site (cause I put up a comment under my son's pic saying "this is MY son and I did NOT give permission for it to be displayed or sold!").
Continued......

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 6:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes you do have the right to be upset. I can't beleive that any one would even do that, it's so disrespectful what he did.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes i would be furious!!! wth is he selling pictures of ur kid for???
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 6:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No you very much have the right to be upset, I would of been. He should of explained to you in detail what his intentions were with those pics, it was wrong of him. Why is he selling them?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• ??
    I dont understand why he would be selling pictures of your son in the first place? Is there a reason he would want to do this? Either way I agree with everyone else, you definitely have the right to be upset.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• very weird, creepy, and i could say a few other things but i wont. You have every right to be upset and i would probably rip his balls off.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I see my mom today and she is all upset at ME she starts off with: "I am sick of you trashing my family" then she goes on to say that if there was a misunderstanding (meaning I should have asked him what specifically he was going to do with said pics) it was somehow my fault and not his (even though HE should have clarified his intentions) , and I should have sent a nice polite message to him, and how my comment could have gotten him kicked off that site, and how I "jump to conclusions" and 'get upset over nothing". Oh yeah and also since his life sucks I should not do anything to make it worse ( I should bend over and kiss his behind and cater to him).... the list goes on and on and basically comes down to he is right, I am wrong! GRRRRRRR!
    Do you think I was right to be upset? If you had to take sides who would you say is right/wrong? Thanks for your opinions!!
    MizLee

Comment by MizLee (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• SunShineMoMM--
    He refuses to work (long story on that!) so he is playing at being a photographer and a 'starving artist' hoping people will buy his photos.
    Thanks everyone!! My sis was livid, my dad was none too happy, and my dad's brother was a bit weirded out by it as well.
    MizLee

Comment by MizLee (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You have every right to be upset over it. Your brother and mom is in the wrong.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Dude that horrible, you have every right to be livid. If he asked you if he could take them to sell them, and you said yes than sure. But to be sneaky Uggg I would beat his A&%!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yeah, I'd be pissed... Just end all the discussions and say obviously there was a misunderstanding. However, my decision is that pictures of my children are not to be posted for public viewing or for sale, period end of story. Let's not make a bigger issue out of this than it actually is - then let it drop...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010