How do you make sweet iced tea?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 6:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Put 4 tea bags in the basket of your coffee pot and fill it to about 6 cups. Brew.
    Pour in pitcher with a cup of sugar and some cold water.

Or, the way I do it.
    Make some simple syrup (1:1 ratio of sugar in water, heat it slowly til all the sugar dissolves) then brew regular tea and use the simple syrup to sweeten each glass. I started doing it this way because my husband likes his tea much sweeter than i like mine.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Well, you can make sun tea, which my mom used to do, but I've never done. I just brew regular iced tea, melt the sugar down in really hot water(that way the crystals dissolve), then pour the sugar into the tea. I also buy fresh mint and crush it up, then add it to the tea. Mmmm...mint iced tea is the BEST!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Hot water, tea bags, and sugar. That is all you need. depends on how strong or weak you like your tea, how many tea bags you put in the water.

Answer by louise2 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Another way is doing the Sun Tea Jar method.   Then sweeten to taste.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• OOOO something I did once that was SUPER delicious. I made some candied orange peel (SUPER easy, PM me for the recipe) and used the yummy orange sugar water to sweeten tea.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We ake sun tea here. Have a large tea jar, 5 iced tea bags, fill with hot wate rand set in sun for a few hours. Then suger and ice and put in fridge. Sun tea is only good though for a few days becasue it can grow bacteria.Theres many recipes online for diff tea flavors and such.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2010