why do so many bio moms think they are better than step moms?

i see so many post on here that bash step mom because the bio feels the step mom is taking her place. bio's gave birth, step moms make the choice to have the kids in their lives. i think they are equal. and if the step mom is doing something wrong i think the dad needs to handle it. after all, it is his wife.

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 6:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• a mom is a mom, a good mom is no different than a step mom, bio mom, foster mom and so on. don't let it get to you....sometimes and not all, bio moms are bitter about split ups and family situations and thats when step moms can really step in and be that support, and love that the kid needs. i have never even considered that I, a bio mom is any better than any other mom.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 6:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• One reason is because they gave birth to the child and the step mom did not.

LOL!!! Trust me, that does not make a good parent.

My stepson's bio mom did not want them, She neglected them and had them malnourished. When their father approached her to ask for custody, she jumped all over that, saying that was great because she wanted to have a life.
    I tried to keep her involved. I called to let her know when they were sick or had other issues and she never sounded concerned.. When I called to tell her that the one was severely ill and I had stayed up with him all night her reply was "Better you than me" and laughed.

just because a woman can give birth to a child, doesn't mean she should.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think stepmoms are so jmportant in a childs life because they decide to help raise someone elses children. Especially those who the dads have custody of the kids and have to do everything that the bio mom would do. I don't agree with the kids calling the stepmom mom, but i think she should get just as much respect as the mom for taking on that roll. Every household has rules, and if the stepmom sets the rules for her household, that's what they should go by, just like the stepmom couldn't make the rules for the bio moms household, as long as they don't hurt the child.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't really care if someone is a step or not. I think it is all in how you treat the children.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am a step mom and I don't try to push my boundaries, my daughter has grown to love me as a mother not as a step mom. Just because the bio mom gives birth doesn't mean that that individual always acts like the mother figure in their lives or is a good role model for that child. In the previous post someone said that there's bad apples in both sides and I couldn't agree more. I am a step mom whose bio mom attacked her for no reason, I didn't break up a relationship, I didn't try to take her child away...instead I took care of the child like she was my own, I cooked for her, washed her clothes, attended school activities and conferences and she hated me for doing all those good things. I am also a bio mom and as long as my son's step mom was being good to him I respected her, so yes it goes both ways, it seems like you say that "not all step moms" but at the end we are all categorize the same.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It's different in every situation. However, my daughter's stepmom sees her once a month, if that, and they do nothing for her. They've gone years without buying her a single Christmas, Birthday or otherwise gift, and then she has the gall to tell my kid she has to call her "mom" and should call her once in a while to check in.

Excuse me? I don't think so. Also, almost every fight my ex and I have had since I left was caused by that woman's ridiculously pathetic idea of parenting (ahem, neglecting) my child. Once, when she was four years old in a bad city area with no locking gate, she put my three year old outside in the back yard alone.

I'm sorry, I forgot. The dog was watching her. (The big, dumb, happy, lab dog that loves every single person on the planet.)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am sorry and by "you" at the last sentence I didn't mean you OP, just the way I wrote it to the ones blaming the step mom.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I meant to say, I'm not sure if she was three or four years old. I know she wasn't allowed to be outside alone. I get mad sometimes when I think about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i get that step moms can suck. it just bothers me that so many people assume that because some one gave birth it makes them better
    happy-go-lucky

Comment by happy-go-lucky (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010