Sleep sacks.

Anyone out there use sleep sacks for their baby? I'm registering for some but not sure how many/what sizes I should get. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hated those things because it seemed like you had to get your baby just about naked in the cold to change their pants at night...not that it isn't like that with whatever you put them to bed in, but its also another layer that you have to get through, so the chances of them not waking up or going right back to sleep is diminished the longer you fight with their clothes. Now, my sister swears by them, so what does that tell you! lol. I every mom gets at least something they never end up liking or using, that was one of mine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i kept mine swadled for two months, first in recieving blankets (takes a while to learn how to wrap them tight but they're great. try carters cause they're bigger) then in kiddapotomus swadler wrap things. she eventually kicked out of them most of the time, so now she's in a nighty and a carter's sleep sack (w/out arms, easier to get in and out of). the nighty is good cause it just lifts up. i really liked the swadlers (and so did she) even though they were a little more work. and she was always good about going right back to sleep...
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Try the magicsleepsuit. Its like a swaddle blanket and sleep sac in one.
    magicsleepsuit

Answer by magicsleepsuit at 9:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sleep sacks have worked great for us but then I use a top quality one made of merino which is far superior to cheap synthetic ones. Its design is clever yet simple and won't ride up or bunch up, and the merino fabric is the best you can find. Cuddly, all-natural and has this amazing ability to regulate a baby's body temp so they don't get too hot. I tried a synthetic sleep bag at first and my son would get hot and sweaty and the zip would get stuck and I was about to give up on sleep sacks altogether then I was given a Merino Kids baby sleep sack and it's been great. My son still sleeps in it every night because the one size fits babies up to 2yrs and I use it all-year without needing different seasonal fabrics. Regardless which sleep sack you choose, I recommend you get two of them to allow for one being in the wash. I had a reflux baby and having a spare came in handy.

JoF

Answer by JoF at 9:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009