Do Sickness have anything to do to determine your babies gender

I heard if you are sick in the early stage of pregnanacy its a girl if not its a boy is that true is their any moms that experience any of these

Ahstarr

Asked by Ahstarr at 6:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's an old wives tale. I was much sicker with the boys than with my daughter.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• hmmm im not sure but i got extremely sick with my son
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was extremely sick with both my pregnancies. I had boys. My sister was extremely sick with both of hers. She had girls.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, that's not true. There are no symptoms that will tell if it's a boy or a girl. The only way to find out 100% for sure if it's a boy or a girl is with an amniocentisis (not sure of the spelling on that one).

My SIL has two kids. She felt great during her first pregnancy, and was really sick during the second. These two pregnancies could not have been more different. They are both boys.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i heard the exact opposite lol. my friend (a old jamacian lady i used to work with way back when) told me that if you're sick and having a hard pregnancy it's going to be a boy, but if you have a good pregnancy it's going to be a girl. with me it was right! with my first son i had pre-eclampsia, with my second son i had horrible morning sickness, but with my girl i had no problems at all lol. i think it's just a tale though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't think so, my mother wasn't sick with me or any of my sisters. She got pretty sick with my youngest brother though. I don't think it has anything to do with determining the sex.
    dre.mommy.to.be

Answer by dre.mommy.to.be at 11:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010