Pumpkin theme baby shower?

What are your opinions on throwing a pumpkin theme (not halloween) baby shower for a baby that is due on October?

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think it's really cute. BTW, pumpkin is the nickname we use for our daughter, so maybe I'm biased.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it's cute because you can call the baby Lil Pumpkin!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think that's adorable! You know what I'd do for party favors? Either get those little tiny pumpkins and put a tag with "Welcome( baby's name)" on it. Or...I'd make caramel or candy apples and pass them out. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It is a great idea. I love fall, and all the yummy foods. You can have a lot of fun with it. Your goodie bags can be all types of Halloween candy that is displayed on a table in different sized glass jars. Maybe you could carve pumpkins? I know you say not Halloween themed, but you could touch on it.... I have always loved the pregnant nun costumes.... LOL I am kidding, have fun!!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That sounds so cute... I used to call my DS pumpkin before he was born... cause my DD was peanut!! There should be lots of pumpkin decorations out there that time of year!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I LOVE that idea. Oh my I would so run with that! a hallowed out pumpkin for the punch bowl, smaller hallowed out pumpkins for veggie/fruit dips, Those 'Lil' pumpkin' baby clothes(bib, onsies, sicks, hat...) hanging by cloths pins on a make shift clothes line across the room... yeah that will be cute!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That would be so cute! Pumpkin desserts would really be awesome!  I love fall themes!

BandME

Answer by BandME at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It sounds very cute! and an oroginal idea Iv not seen or heard of before!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I was not expecting such great answers!
    psychobilly_mom

Comment by psychobilly_mom (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love it!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010