Any suggestions?

My son is 10 months old and can chew most foods in small pieces. I give him breakfast, lunch, dinner, and little snacks. I'm basically wondering if anyone has any good meal ideas for him. I give him a variety of fresh fruit and veggies often, and meat at least once a day. Sometimes I don't eat the same thing as he does, so what are some good little meals that can be cooked in such a small portions and quickly, but that are still nutritious? I'd like to give him a nice variety, but I run out of ideas. :)

This is about food, but also about my baby, say I'm posting it in the baby category.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something that I did was like sketti sauce in ice trays, so you freeze all these itty bitty portions and just pop them out and nuke them as you need them.
    I used to give him random produce - avacados, mangos, tomatoes, cukes, bell peppers. Cottage cheese is a good one too.
    Also, get cheap chicken (usually thighs) and boil it. Let it cool and pull it off the bone. You can use this in casseroles, or just feed it to him, which is what I used to do. You can get a pack of thighs for like 3 bucks, which is why it's my cut of choice for things like this.
    Hmmm....grilled cheese sandwiches are good. I never used American cheese though. Usually mild cheddar. I'm sure I'll think of some other stuff.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I will tell you what I or better yet my mom use to do for me. She made sort of a stew, and dropped in there the meat, and veggies and seasoning, and beans, mainly red kidney beans, I would put it through the blender and made it smooth, and I would make a big bash and freeze in special bags I could seal. Whenever I went out and needed baby food, I would take a frozen stew and put it in my bag and defrost and heat and feed anywhere.

Answer by older at 7:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Those are great ideas, thanks. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When you do eat things that would be good for him cook extra so you can freeze some for future use. Most veggies can be quickly microwaved or steamed and fork mashed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010