what is a job orientation what do they do ?how do i dress adult content

a job call me for orientation i dont know whata orientation this my first job so please any info and details will help

nana22775

Asked by nana22775 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depends on the job. Usually things like paperwork, safety videos, intro video to the company, outlines of company policies, stuff like that.
    I would dress how you dressed for the interview.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• How you dress depends on how you'd dress for the job itself.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• dresss the part it basicaly means you got the job and they have to talk it over with you
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• they just go over the rules, show you around, teach you how things work...semi casual is good for orientations
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Job orientation is where they go over all the rules, regulations and expectations of the job. Some jobs this last only a day, some jobs this could be a week. They might also have some training that are a must before you start the job. I would dress as you would expect to dress for the job in question.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It is basically your first day on the job - always dress for the job you want, not for the job you have.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• orientation is normally the beginning of the training process. you would dress as if you were going to work. Also, bring a color copy of two forms of proper id. a pen, and a notepad, as well as your schedule because you can expect to receive the rest of your training schedule then.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Orientation is an introduction to the company, usually their policies and procedure. It may also be an introduction to your job. If you are unsure as to how to dress for it I think it would be proper if you just call your contact at the company and ask them what the dress code is for orientation. If not, I would go business casual maybe a nice top with some khakis that way you're not too dressed up or under dressed.  Congrats on your job by the way!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Just dress according to job position.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I like to wear black for any occasion where I am not sure... dressy, casual, smart and confident. Not black sweatpants and a tshirt...but you knew that already which is why you got a call back! Slacks, pumps and a nice top...even a v neck t. Then you are dressed but not overdressed.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010