Mommy needs a break...

I play and play and play with the kids until I just need a breather. As long as mommy isn't doing something for herself, the kids and dogs behave fine. I could be sitting on the couch with them watching TV - they don't even know I'm there. The SECOND I get on cafemom, the dogs tear EVERYTHING up, and the kids are whiny and needy and I have to get up every 5 seconds. I just need a break. I need 5 minutes where I'm not having to clean up poop or pee (dog or children), where I'm not listening to the whining and screaming... Ugh. I'm gonna lock myself in my room when DH gets home.

Do you need a break?

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am right there with you! My babies are still so young and they drive me crazy at times. I woke up this morning to the sound of running water in the tub in my bathroom. Our 25 month old is in a big boy bed so he snuck into my room, got out a pair of my leather boots and filled them up with water.

*sigh*

PS- I also have 15 month old twins..... So breaks are necessary to prevent mommy from needing a padded cell. ;)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thats why I work :P My mind would go numb being home all day, it isn't for me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm trying to find a job. I have been out of work since Feb, and it's killing me. I love my children, but I would be more patient and they wouldn't be so irritating if I had adult interaction every once in a while.
    MunchiesMom324

Comment by MunchiesMom324 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Tomorrow night I will. It should be awful.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That is why my kid always went to bed at a certain time. After they went to bed was ME time. and they took an hour nap too.

Answer by louise2 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I know the feeling, lol. My son will play great if i'm on the floor with him, but the second I get up, he FREAKS, lol. Heaven forbod I have to walk into the other room. Even when I'm on here, it's in spurts, and usually he's right next to me, eating a snack or playing with something in my lap.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, I need a break and that's why I just put my headset music smiley #546 and go off into my world.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Not so much this second because hubby made me go to town alone and get some stuff we needed ..
    tinamswank

Answer by tinamswank at 7:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i hear ya.
    cant wait to find a job
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i needed a break so bad yesterday i actually found myself crying at the table after both kids went to bed. i have a 2 month old and a 20 month old. i love them to pieces, but i would love to be able to even make dinner without either one on the hip or the other on my leg, or both!
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010