How to get my 9 month old daughter to sleep in her crib?

Ok, so I know this is partly my fault I got her used to sleeping on my bed with me since she was a newborn. She is my first and used to go through this thing that made her suffocate and get stiff, so i was afraid to let her sleep on her crib and me not hear it if it happened at night. But now she crawls and falls off my bed so it's hard to get up and do my things and leave her there by herself. I've tried putting her in the crib and letting her cry, but it just doesn't work for me.
Did anyone have this problem, and if so how did you fix it??

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • Establish a routine. Since she is in your room, do whatever you have been doing, but in her room. Make sure the lights are off, babies don't need night-lites and they are distracting.

Its hard for me to offer advice because mine is only 5 months and has always slept in her crib (or bassinet first month).

Hope this helps a little :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008