Another question for Atheists! :)

I'm honesty just curious, I'm not trying to convert anyone or preach, I promise.

Do you ever worry that maybe you're wrong? Do you ever think, "What if I die, and find out that there is a God? Or do you feel 100% confident in your beliefs?

Sorry if I'm probing, I just like to hear how people's minds work. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you ever worry that maybe you're wrong? Do you ever think, "What if I die, and find out that there is a God? Or do you feel 100% confident in your beliefs?

Only when posed the question and my response is, If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Any god worth worshipping would judge me on the merit of my character and not the lip service I did or didn't pay. They would look at the person I was and how I treated others, a god who did any differently wouldn't be worth worshipping. So I'm not going to waste time sweating over what if I'm wrong. I'm simply going to live life the best I know how and be true to myself and things will fall into place. I'm pretty dang confident that I'm right and there is no god but I'm always willing to give my answer to a hypothetical question. Afterall we won't find out whose right or wrong until we die so does it really matter?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• So sick of Pascal's Wager. Which God is going to be there?? Do you feel confident that you believe in the right one?? IF God exists, and He is as loving and just as you claim, He will not send me to Hell for reasonable doubt in His existence. If He will send me to Hell for reasonable doubt in His existence I wouldn't want to spend eternity with Him anyway. So yes I am confident in my beliefs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What if YOU are?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• there are many Gods so which one?
    I am assuming we are talking about the christian one ...I have said this before and I will say it again:
    IF God ends up being for real...I would hope that since he created everything and knows everything-that he was well aware that I would be one who simply came to a point where I jsut could not believe anymore. I would hope that he would be understanding enough to realise that I didn't stop believing because I thought life would be more fun or easier or I'd become popular or whatever...and that if he can't or won't forgive me for that then oh well.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Worry, no. Considered it for a split second before dismissing it as complete and utter silliness, yes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I never worry that I am wrong....that would be me doubting my heart, and I've learned to never do that! I have NO doubt that how I live my life is how any God would wish for me to live it. And would have no problem with my following my own hearts spiritual path instead of someone elses' idea of a spiritual path.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I let go of my Christian beliefs knowing full well the consequences of what will happen if I'm wrong. I live my life based on what makes most sense to me, not for fear of being wrong.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would rather live like there is a God and have lived a good life for no reason, then to live like there is not a God and find out that he was watching.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Maybe I am Butterfly. That's why I don't really follow one religion. I don't think that any of us can ever know EXACTLY what is "true". I may very well be wrong, but I don't feel that I am, and it's something I'm at peace with.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• IF God exists, and He is as loving and just as you claim, He will not send me to Hell for reasonable doubt in His existence. If"

I don't personally believe that he would send you to Hell. As loving as I claimed? I do think He's loving, but where did I say anything about how I believe Him to be?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010