Tell me about your induction.

I was induced for my first pregnancy a day early and it was horrible and took forever. Now I am almost a week overdue and it looks like I may need to be induced again. Did anyone have an ok induction? When were you induced, early or late and does that make a difference?

karina400

Asked by karina400 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think if you're induced early it has a higher risk of being unsuccessful. i was induced at 36 weeks bc i had severe pre-eclampsia. it failed after 48 hours of horrible labor lol. never want to go through that again! but gl for you and hope your baby comes out soon :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had a pretty hard induced first labor, too. I avoided it with the next (unless I should have a medical reason).
    Being past the due date is still normal... If you & baby are healthy and fine then you can still choose to avoid adding unnecessary interventions/risks.

I had to wait until 41-43 weeks with the next labor and it was smoooooth as can be! ;-D lol Because I allowed my body the opportunity to do as it needed-- it is a process. There is a reason it happens when it does. Whenever that might be!

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced with my 3rd at 38 weeks. It was great - had no problems whatsoever. The contractions weren't any worse, harder, faster, etc. than with my previous 2 vaginal births, I was relaxed and knew my older two children were being well taken care of, and I had time to plan and make sure everything was prepared for the new baby. It went extremely smoothly - they started the pitocin and 5 hours later my baby girl was here!

Answer by missanc at 8:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Mine went actually very smooth. Doctor made the appt on my due date. I went into the hospital at 7am, was induced, put on the drip to get contractions going. My son was born at 1pm. Some of these dr's have it down to a science...I bet he was relaxing by 2pm...lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced 3 days before my due date due to pregnancy hypertension. It was upsetting because I had planned a totally natural birth, but my blood pressure was scarily high & I was afraid of pre-eclampsia. I just had Pitocin because I was already 3 cm dilated. I also had to be on magnesium sulfate & catheterized. That part was awful because I was bed-bound. My induction got started around 10 am, I let the midwife break my water at 2 pm and my daughter was born at 6:22 pm. I was determined not to get pain meds and I did not...used hypnobirthing techniques and yoga breathing.

So overall it went well. I think yours can too since all births are different. It should go faster since it is your second, especially if you are dilating already. Just try to go in with a positive attitude. Good luck!
    Viridescence

Answer by Viridescence at 8:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i was induced with both due to the fact that i get to a certain point then all progress stops. the first was after i reached 6cm and stopped so i was put on pitocin and i still had a smooth labor and delivery. my second was after i was dilated to 4 cm and stayed there for 3 weeks with contractions and finally induced one day after the due date and it was smooth sailing as well and actully progressed faster than the first. the pain wasnt that bad with either but i also had epidurals with both. i just remember the contractions were almost on top of eachother with the second one with only being 1minute apart.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced at 43 weeks. I went in, we started Pitocin. A few hours later I wasnt responding much to it so they broke my water and that kickstarted contractions. I contracted for a few hours, when it got bad I got an epidural and fell asleep about 2am. I woke up at 7 when the dr came to check on me and my son's head was crowning. I pushed for 15 mins and there he was! It was the easiest thing Ive ever done.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced twice... I'm hoping to be induced the this time as well. Both of my inductions were just perfect. I was 42.5 wks with the first & 41.5 wks with the second... My labor never started by itself either time. I got my IV of pitocin, when the contractions started I got my epidural... Kicked back, watched TV & slept... When it was time to push, there were no issues... I have 2 completely pain free deliveries... Couldn't have been better!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced with my first an dit wasn't all bad, I was already 3 cm so they gave me petocin to help it along, and after 8 hours she was here.
    My second came on his own.
    And my third, I walked around for three weeks at 3 1/2 cm and 80% efased (yeah i know about the spelling) on my appointment the day before my due date my doctor ripped some of the membrane and it was SO PAINFUL it felt like my inside were coming out. But I had a small cramping all day (about 8 hours) then decided to go get check at the hospital (still wasn't bad pain) when I got there the nurse said I was 10cm and we were going to start pushing,,,my daughter was born 20 minutes later.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was induced because I was 12 days past my due date with my first. I had hard, erratic labor for 14 hours, got to fully dilated and he wasn't budging after almost 3 hours of pushing. They gave me a C section.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010