What is the best way to lose belly fat...

that I can do while nursing? I never lost all my belly fat from my first 2 pregnancies, and the third one made it even worse. But the baby is only 3 and a half months old, and I plan on nursing him until I cna't anymore.

Courteney0414

Asked by Courteney0414 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• it's really hard, because while your nursing, you aren't supposed to produce ketones, which are by products of weight loss. The best thing you can do is find a good pilates program for abs, and walk for an hour a day. Don't do anything to attempt a huge loss, like a cleanse, till baby is done.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Thanks for your reply. I don't know if I am flexible enough or have enough time to do the pilates or walkiong utnil both kids are asleep, but I am going ot look into it.
    Courteney0414

Comment by Courteney0414 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Take it slow. Try to eat healthy. I always tried to think of breastfeeding my babies as a good reason to eat as healthy as I could, and as soon as I stopped stress-eating and snacking on junk, I would lose quite a bit of weight easily. I have heard that sometimes the last 10-15 lbs won't come off until you wean the baby (although don't let that rush you into weaning) because then your body finally knows that you are done with feeding the baby so it does not need to hold on to extra energy stores. I am still nursing my 10mo old and have recently started working out every day (finally have time and energy). I am eating healthy and I can see all kinds of new muscle on my body, but the weight loss has become very very slow. I have decided not to worry too much until I wean the baby. But at only 3 months, your uterus is still shrinking and you still have a lot of pregnancy hormones.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Staying away from excess sugar will help you lose inches around your middle.

There are some simple yoga poses you can do at home to help build your core strength up.

My Physical therapist had me start with kegals (whilst sitting on a ball) and also a cat pose. Walking is also great, just remember to find your core whilst you are walking so you get the most out of it.

I have also heard that a girdle will help encourage everything back into the right places. I wish I had tried it.

Good luck. It's very early days so take it slowly.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• eat clean whole foods.

walking with the kids.
    not sure the ages but play games like tag... just be more active.

buy an ergo and use it every where you go.
    the extra weight will help burn more calories... lol.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010