How freaky is this?

I live in a townhouse/apartment

I always lock my front door, my desk is diaganol from the front door so I can see it
My son/8mos was playing near the door
I'm expecting My SO to be home any minute

I hear my front door unlock, I look at the door, no one enters, I figure my SO is taking off his shoes, we don't allow shoes inside. So I wait a few more seconds and I get up look out the window and someone is walking off very fast.

I open the door to see if I can get a better look but they were gone. I immediately open all doors and windows so I can see everything.

I look at my mantle and there is my SO's house key, look in the purse, there is my key. So there are no extra keys floating around anywhere.

My SO just got home and I told him what happened just 5 minutes before and we're going to buy an indoor bolt lock and have the locks changed ASAP

weird

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Super freaky!!! If you rent you should seriously call your landlord and complain!!!
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• wow, how scary. yes i would change the locks too!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It was probably the landlord walking into the wrong apartment, the master keys they have open every door. I would definately ask if that was the landlord otherwise demand new locks and call the police!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Could it possibly have been the apartment management, and they went to the wrong townhouse?Or it could have been someone that has a copy of your key and was thinking noone was home and was coming to break in your house! I think your doing the right thing by changing the locks tonight.I would contact apartment management right away about it. Get an alarm system on your windows too. How scary. Be SAFE!!! hugs :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Make sure you report this to your landlord and let your neighbors know.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That is really creepy, and I'd be changing the locks right now!
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 8:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• are you sure it wasn't a ghost?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That is freaky
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would so be at home depot buying new locks!!!! WOW!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Alarm system. We have one. And I always have my door locks at all times.

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010