how much bike riding do i have to do to lose weight and do u think it will help with my belly fat?

I know its good for my legs but do u think it could help with my stomach too?

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• not really
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• cardio burns fat all over your body so as long as your heart rate is up and your heart is pumping, you will be burning fat everywhere on your body. once you burn the fat off your belly, then you want to tone the muscle by doing ab strength training and exercises. eating a no carb diet is really what got me a flat stomach, paired with the exercise.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You gonna have to change ur diet too...runing helps with the belly fat...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I agree somewhat with PURPULbutterfly ! where I don't agree with her is eating a no carb diet...that is crazy !!!!!!!!! your diet should consist of 55-60% carbs, 10-15% protein and less than 30% fat....and you have to pay attention to the types of carbs - cut out pastas and white rice, but get your carbs from fruits and veggies and grains.....avoid sugar and processed foods....and eat the right fats (from olive oil, nuts or nut butters, etc...)

bike riding is awesome exercise...and because it's cardio, it will burn calories that will burn fat all over your body, not just your legs.... i love bike riding because it's not hard on the knees....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Bike riding is great cardio and a lot of fun.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ok, this is from my mom's experience (I don't ride much anymore). Bike riding will help you burn calories and burn fat, but if you are specifically trying to slim your tummy you need to add in other exercises. My mom has never been able to lose the excess weight around her belly with bike riding alone, and she does ALOT of bike riding (she's currently on a week-long 500 mile ride). Just add some area-specific exercises along with bike riding and you should do great!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you can't spot reduce.

work with your diet to lose body fat.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010