Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pell grant or student loan for 2nd bachelors degree?

I only need a few classes to earn a second bachelors degree. Can I get aid?


Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 19 (6,704 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • you can't get them for a 2nd degree of the same. but you can get it for the first bachelors. i just graduated with my first bachelors and i got them but i am now in my masters and they do not give them for graduate degrees. i'd say do anything humanly possible to stay away from loans... i have too much debt out for school loans.

    Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I don't think you can get Pell Grant but you may be able to get a student loan.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 8:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I wasn't able to get pell's with a BA~women's re entry helped

    Answer by surfcitymom at 9:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • You can't get a Pell grant for a 2nd Bachelor's degree. You may be stuck with a student loan, unless you find other funding.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • You can start your search for scholarships here:


    Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Jul. 31, 2010