Long shot- Is anyones husband a mechanic? Can you ask him a Q about my Acura?

1992 acura vigor with an intermittent start problem, will not start when hot, have replaced oil temp sensor, but more importantly have replaced the main relay three times in the last two months. first time i replaced it, ran great for 3 weeks, second time for 1 week and third time for just a couple days.

Asked by staciandababy at 8:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband is a mechanic but unless you drive a hum V he won't know the answer. lol

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sounds like you just need to get a diff car :( sorry.

Answer by leann74016 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• so why are you only asking if someones husband is a mechanic. i'm sure there are women on here who are mechanics or know a lot about cars

• My husband wants to know if the check engine light is on.

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husbands know about all kinds of stuff. I'll ask him when he gets home. :)

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, I'm not sure I have a check engine light that works, I have never seen it.

OK if any women are mechanics they can answer too!

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Its tabs expire now, i tried to get it to the emissions station to get a PASS but it wouldn't start when they made me turn my engine off. it was the only time i could get out there, now i can't drive it anywhere

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When you first turn the key, but not actually far enough to crank, it should turn most of the lights on. That should help determine if the check engine light works. That's a start.

I generally only work on classics (or near classics, and mostly mopar) so i'm not yuai help with the new cars. But have you had someone check for codes?

Answer by coder_chick at 10:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010