has anyone tried la-brasiliana keratin treatment with collagen for their hair?

my hairdresser says it will make my hair so much smoother and no frizz, etc. my only hesitation is that it takes 4 hours to do and it costs $400. but she says i might not need to get my relaxer touched up anymore if i use this so the price would even out since this treatment is supposed to last for 4 months. has anyone ever used it? any of the hairdressers on here ever use it on their clients? how was the outcome?? thanks

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I haven't but I have read articles about it. To be honest with you....go to a salon for african american women and let them do your hair. I promise you, you will get a much better straightening for alot less money.
    The BS they feed you about your hair growing out straight from now on is just that BS...there is no hair treatment in the world that can change the genetics of your hair shaft and the tendency to be curly or frizzy.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I live in Nevada where the humidity messes with my daughter's hair big time, but they qouted me 250.00 for my daughter's hair and then 200.00 because her hair is 6 inches past her shoulders. But I did not try it because I never knew anyone to get one and it is too expensive to risk.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• jewjewbee, i am black and i do go to a black salon lol
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• HA!!!!
    Well....then I don't know what to say. I don't go to white women routinely to have my hair done...it's either gay men or black women. I have hair like Oprah girl....aint nobody gonna do me right!!!
    It just seems to me like alot of money to pay for straightening...let me know how it works if you decide to do it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• lol i will..... it better be good for that much!
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Girl, just buy the Liquid Keratin treatment and do it yourself.  It costs about $60.00 and lasts about thirty days.  Here is the info:

Liquid Keratin

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• She's just trying to up-sell you a VERY expensive treatment that does NOT always guarentee no frizz. $400 is a LOT of $$ to spend on a "might NOT have to" get relaxer touch up's if you ask me. Ask her instead HOW MUCH of a commission does she get for getting people to buy this.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010