nauea drugs during pregnancy..

i made a stink to get what i wanted because i am so sick all the time i only want to sleep and cry.

they prescribed promethazine. anyone else out there prescribed the same thing? or what were you prescribed? please help ... this appears to be more for allergies so if it doesnt work give me other options to take to my doctor

I need to do a job search asap!

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is what I was prescribed for all of mine. Every single one of my pregnancies I threw up every stinkin day. The Phernergan would knock me out, down for the count, so I had to take it in halves. It did get rid of the nausea.
    It was also prescribed for dh after one of his surgeries for nausea.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The nausea usually goes away. Why take drugs for it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My daughter in law is 5 months along and still takes promethizine. Without it she. Would be throwing up. Her doctor doesn't see anything wrong. The baby is fine.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i had to be prescribed drugs my first son. i was 6 1/2 months along and no weight gain because i couldnt keep food down.the drugs help alot, didnt totaly alivate the problem but made it tolerable. i resent tthe first comment thats says that it will go away. just because yours sis soesnt mean everyone elses does. and normaly a doctor wont prescribe nausa drugs unless the mother truly needs them.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 9:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was the same way with all of my pregnancies, I took the prescription as you and a few other ones as well because I was soo sick!! I took Zofran and my doctor told me that is the best stuff I could take, the most effective, they even give that to patients on chemotherapy but we had to convince the insurance company to pay for it because it costs $20 PER pill !! I was flat in bed sick and even put in the hospital I was sooo sick but it does get better and you will feel human again and the baby will be fine, Best of Luck!!!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was able to take it the full 9 months if I needed to. I am an expert at vomiting. I can control it hold it in or make it come out whenever I want. I could throw up right now without using my finger. The only issue I have with vomiting is that I am so violent I burst blood vessels in my face, throat and eyes, so whenever I throw up I look like somebody beat the crap out of me. I always lost weight with my pregnancies except the last one when I was pregnant with the twins.

Try taking only half of a pill when you need to stay awake.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• because its Not going away. it is constant all day. i cannot function - i cannot walk without being sick. it has started to affect my mental state because this isnt normal. my doctor made the comment last time that i am supposed to Gain weight at this point. not loose it like i have been.

with my first pregnancy i threw up all the time all the way up to the hour i gave birth - that wasnt bad i threw up everything was cool fine w/e. smooth sailing. now vomiting doesnt help.
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• ah very very cool thank you KC!

i am phobic about vomiting. i spend most of the day trying to not vomit. i am down tot he last 420$ and i need a job. i could not get through an interview the way i felt so i called my doctor and made sure they understood that i could not live like this. I am really happy. i am groggy. but i can get over being groggy. i can play with my son in the yard. no biggy. OMG Really. i am Sooo happy So So SOOOOO happy!

do not stop answering guys =) i would love more stories about peoples interaction with this drug.

Oh and KC were you able to take it long term? i am 4 months so far. if i need to take it can i?
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• oh for sure. i dont expect anything to fix the problem. just to make it tolerable would help out SOOOO much. my first pregnancy i popped tums like air. it makes me very literally sick now though so i bought four bottles of tums - now they just sit around - i wont touch them lol

i eat hard candy a lot. to keep the acid to a livable minimum.

oh wow this stuff... i was SO eager to feel better i took a pill right away after getting it - i am dizzy nowwww lol eep. this will help with my messed up sleep schedule too! so happy
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• omg 20 bucks a pill! poor you!!!! ty ty or the kind words!!!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010