do you know why my smoke alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason?

its got new batteries, I got up and checked around and everything was fine. by the tim I could find the stepladder to go up and turn it off it stopped by itself about 5 min later. Besides freaking me out big time, I could never get back to sleep and a tired mommy is a cranky mommy.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 9:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• mine goes off if its humid out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• go off or just beep every 90 secs? low battery??
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Does it have a CarbonMonoxide detector in it too? Or is it just smoke? I would say if it's CarboMonoxide, you should get things checked out... But if it's just smoke, it may be time to get a new one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Possibly a lose wire.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sorry, my computer flipped out and you got my answer twice! Sorry!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• it went off worth a loud piercing scream, not the little chirps with low battery. it is fairly new, under 3 mos old and it wasn't humid, I live in Seattle but it was really foggy and I might have had some windows open.
    luvschocolate

Comment by luvschocolate (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Dust? I know I have to use canned air on mine from time to time because it will go off for no reason.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Could be dust or a low battery. Is it the type that is hardwired? If it is, it could be from a brief outage.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 10:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you need to call a local firedept to check out for you. If you might a new one!!
    malina30

Answer by malina30 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010