Bye-Bye Bottle?

At what age did you take the bottle away? Pacifier?

3 y/o DS 1.5 for bottle and pacie was 2

2 y/o DD 15 months for bottle and didn't take a pacifier until her sister was born (15 mon) and we still have issues with it.

1 y/o DD Still has bottle for now never took a pacifier.

GFXMommy

Asked by GFXMommy at 5:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• For each kid it was different, I pretty much stopped using the bottle at 2. The only one that had a problem giving it up was my first and I had him throw his bottles away and then he watched the trashman take them away. He cried for about a day but then got over it. Only 1 of the 4 kids used a pacifier and she stopped around 2 1/2.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've always stop bottle use at 1 year and we took the pacifiers away before 6 mos when there need to suck reflex has been outgrown. By one a baby can start to use a sippy cup. However we have twins that gave up the paci's easily b/c they started sucking their thumbs. I can't just throw their thumbs away =) lol they turn 3 this month. How am I gonna break this habit ?!?
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son has been off the bottle since he was 1 he is now 14 months and I am slowly pulling the binkie I don't want to do it all at one time so I am weening him like I did the bottle, so far its working great, I hope to have him completely binkie broke by the time he turns 18 months thats when his little sister will be born!

Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• MY DAUGHTER WAS OFF THE BOTTLE AT 9 MONTHS. SHE WENT TO A SOFT TIP SIPPIE, CAUSE IT WAS ALL MY FRIEND HAD SINCE I FORGOT HER BOTTLE, AND SHE NEVER TOOK HER BOTTLE AGAIN. SHE DIDNT WANT IT. SHE THREW HER PASSY DOWN AT 2 MONTHS, BUT SHE RARELY EVER TOOK IT ANYWAY SINCE SHE HAS BEEN SUCKING HER THUMB SINCE I HAD BY FIRST ULTRASOUND DONE. :) I GUESS I HAVE GOTTEN LUCKY BECAUSE SHE IS POTTY TRAINING HERSELF NOW, AND SHE IS ONLY 17 MONTHS (1 1/2) I'M PRETTY SURE I AM PREGO AND I AM HOPING THE NEXT ONE IS THIS EASY. EXCEPT FOR THE THUMB, WHAT AM I GONNA DO?

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Believe it not at 6 months my grandson threw out the bottle. For Easter he got a new sippy cup in his basket. It was intended for future use but once he held it, he really didnt want the bottle. He just turned one, is off the bottle, walking and fully weined. He never took a pacifier. I tried not to give him one as it is very hard to break small children from things like that and there is nothing more crazy than seeing a 4 yr old with a pacifier.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008