How do you get rid of an associate you met two months ago that is a cocaine addict?

I want to ween myself from her because she is just negative energy. I just joined the church and just want to change my life. I don't need any negative people around me. She just lost her job due to her own negligence. I had a real bad argument with her last weekend and cursed her out and made her cry. She is in a very abusive relationship and her boyfriend beat her last week again. She was all scared up and bleeding. When I give her advice she says she is going to take it and never does. I told her she should get the abuser out of her life. Guess what, everytime she puts him out she lets him right back in her life and she comes and brings the drama to me only for me to give her advice she is not going to take. I took her some food yesterday. The only thing we have in common is that we have a few beers together and that is it. Her daughter is also in an abusive relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her you secretly work for the DEA... Lol sry i dont really have any advice besides be honest with her and tell her you are changing your life and unless she wants to do the same, you cant be friends anymore.
    maddoxsmama

Answer by maddoxsmama at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• honestly? tell her you cant be around her anymore. Tell her you care about he, but love YOU more.
    I used to be an addict...trust me, let her go.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i would just stop talking to her. it's not like you've been friends for long.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• there's only one thing to do with toxic people. Dump them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Wow. Wean? You don't slowly disconnect from toxic people, you run as fast as you can!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't visit her anymore and she asked me why don't I come to her house to visit her anymore and I told her I have been busy. She will just come to my house and knock on my door, even past midnight. I open the door because I think she has been beaten and needs my help. As a woman, I feel as though I should be there for her when she has been abused. I guess that is the Godly thing to do. I cursed her out last week and she rang my doorbell about three times apologizing and crying. She does not know that I know she is a crackhead. When she drinks, even one beer she acts like a whore in public and it is so embarrassing.
    VALWHITT

Answer by VALWHITT at 10:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010