What is the best form of temporary birth control?

DH will be home for a visit in December for about a month. I HATE the pill and i do not want to go on anything long term anyways. I don't like how it messes with my natural cycle and what not. And he'll only be home for a short while so i really don't need anything long term.
We don't like condoms (of course. who does?). We've tried spermicide before and ...it was ...okay.
What forms of temporary birth control have you tried and what was the best?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like condoms.

Anyway, I had a diaphram at one point. Like a tampon, once it's in I couldn't feel it. Dh didn't seem to mind it.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• There are these little insert things...they kinda look like something you'd use for a yeast infection,lol. I forget what they are called but they sell them by the condoms and usually come in a box of 10.They are white and look like a giant pill.You insert it into your vagina about 20 minutes before having sex, it dissovles inside and creates a sperimicide. It was pretty effective when I've used it in the past.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you could always do the rhythm method/pulling out as long as you're careful you should be ok, unless you're extremely fertile lol
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Theres something called VCF- vaginal contraceptive films. Its a little film you insert inside of you, up against your cervix. The downside is that they are kind of pricey (a couple dollars more than condoms), and you have to insert them at least 15 minutes before you have sex(meaning you have to plan sex). To me, they kind of smelled like vinegar. Also, there is a possibility that you/he could be allergic- which just means it kind of burns when you pee. But they work very well, and when you clean yourself, you dont get that weird smell.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would go with a diaphragm I think. Personally I love my IUD though, but when we needed temporary birth control we used condoms. I was going to get a diaphragm, but wanted something a little longer lasting.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i've always used the pill or spermicide
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• we can't use the pull out method. WARNING TMI: his ejaculation inside me is one of my triggers into climax. LOL
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010