Obama lied on The View-Why does he lie so much?

Obama said on The View this past week that he has no idea who Snooki was. (She is on MTV's Jersey Shore show) However, last May Obama used Snooki's name during a "joke" that took a dig at minority leader John Boehner. He said "The following individuals shall be excluded from the indoor tanning tax within this bill. Snooki, J-WOWW, the Situation, and House Minority Leader John Boehner."

The lie is not the important point here. The fact that he doesn't know what he is talking about IS the problem!! Regardless, how can you bold-face LIE to American people when on TV???

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 9:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess some of you can't pull your heads out of Obama's ass long enough to read what the OP actually said "The lie is not the important point here."
    What about these?
    He said over and over no one was going to come in between you and your doc.... "You're not going to have anybody get between you and your doctor in your decision-making, and I think that some of the provisions that got snuck in might have violated the pledge"

How about this Obama signed an EO Jan. 22, 2009 ordering Gitmo closed within a year. Yet Gitmo is still open! Oh and just a ditty... if that EO is meaningless it goes to show you how meaningless the abortion EO is too.

or
    "I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill stops" 26th of May... and May 27 Obama welcomes the NCAA Men’s Basketball Champion,May 28 O goes to Chicago for memorial weekend, June 19 Golfing with Joe, and Jul 17 2010 Obama’s spend the weekend on Mount Desert Island.

I see a pattern!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Also, if he didn't write his jokes, don't you think he should at LEAST understand them before speaking? That is something he is not used to...I get it. Corps anyone? He can read...he cannot comprehend! THAT is his problem!!!

***
    It's akin to him not reading the bills he signs in to law either!! Being President of the United States of America is apparently EASY!! So easy a (nah, I won't say it!!) can do it!!!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Lying is the one thing that he does well ~ with or without a teleprompter.

I'd give him some credit if he at least tried to learn to do something else, but I'll admit that the man is a very accomplished liar.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You'd think someone who has been campaigning for 4 years straight now would be more aware of what he says in front of a camera knowing it can come back to bite him in the ass later.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Really? His knowledge or lack thereof of Snooki is the best "lie" you can harp about? Woman, you need a life!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• He didn't write his jokes for the correspondence dinner...neither did Bush or Clinton

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry..I can't absorb politics and the cast of Jersey Shore together. It just seems contradictory. It tastes wrong. I don't know. I just can't do it..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you can tell when someone writes for him and he's just reading, and when he's talking himself. when he's talking himself, you get alot of "uh uh uh, um um um" 's before he gets to his point
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• bc he's a politician and that's what they do.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Oh, give him a break. Last May was a great example of him reading whatever was on the tel-a-prompter. He had a 20-something speech writer. He probably doesn't know who Snooki is. He doesn't have a clue what is in his speeches. If he did, he would be able to make them when the tel-a-prompter breaks because he knows in his heart what the gist of the speech is about.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010