What charity do you regularly give to?

Besides my tithe, I give to the local Food Bank and American Red Cross.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• March of Dimes. I am a big supporter of MOD because my girls are NICU babies and without their support and advancements, the outcome may not be so positive. one of my daughters passed away at 3 months old, i am working on a memorial for her which proceeds will go towards the NICU in which my daughters were born. :)
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We give things like clothes and what-not that we don't use anymore to local thrift stores (NOT Salvation Army because they over charge and keep most of the profits).
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 9:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I give my blood to Red Cross.....but no actual $$

I give to Providence Center....they are a group (local) that works with Adults with Disabilities and integrating them into society. Helping them to get jobs and providing them with job coaching and skill development, independent living - as opposed to group home or institutions, they also have a medical program for those with sever disabilites, a woodshop, a dance and theater program, a pottery studio, a horticulture program where the grow a wide variety of plants including Bay Grasses that they then plant to help heal the Chesapeake Bay......They do so much for a subset of the population that most people don't even want to acknowledge is out there.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I give to the Special Olympics of Wisconsin and the local food bank.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• United Way. I have a small portion of my paycheck deducted every payday.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• we always pack some boxes for operation christmas child, give food for food collections and donate to the clothes closet at my church. i think i gave to march of dimes before too, but not on the regular lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• food bank
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We used to give a lot to Smile Train and the local food bank. We stopped when we realized we were one or two missed days of work away from needing charities.

I'm excited to get back up again and give though :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• MS Society, American Cancer Society, St Jude's, Children's Miracle Network.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I like to buy toys/books for Child's Play at Christmastime. It's a charity that was started by some gamers that got tired of gamers getting a bad rap. They get children's hospitals to make up wish lists on Amazon and then you just go there and buy the gifts and they get sent to the hospital. I think they started with one or two hospitals and now they have hospitals all over the country participating. I also like to support local animal shelters and whippet and greyhound adoption groups.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2010